hours minutes seconds
Project # 1 – Tijuana Taxi Due Date
How it works
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!
Hey Everyone! Hope you are all well! Remember when we had a band to play in?
It’s time to play! If we can’t be together, than we can play alone and plop it together in virtual form!
Instructions (Please ReAd):
READ ALL OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS
YOU WILL NEED 2 DEVICES AND EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES.
One device will play a backing audio track to align your performance
One device will be used to film your performance in “one take”
What I do. I start my camera first, then start the recording on my computer(with earbuds in)
FILM Suggestions – Whatever works for your room
Portrait – Verticle – Saxophone
Horizonatal – Everything else
– Dress Nice!
– FILL THE SCREEN WITH YOU! (not your ceiling)
Try to find a nice spot in your home or where you are filming with a nice background that is lit up. Natural Light is always great. Got a nice fireplace? Nice background art? Main thing. Don’t film your part in front of your laundry or your dishes. Just a nice spot. There are a lot of video’s like this now.
Couple video’s I played on below this year.
Covid Cello Project 12 “Christmas” Concerto Grosso by Corelli – YouTube
MEGACITY SWING BAND – YouTube
CLAPPING – LOUD AND ACCURATE CLAPS PLEASE.
3 claps with the backing tracks. You must keep the recording going at this time. Do not pause then record. It will need to be all done in one shot from the claps.
PRACTICE a few times before FILMING
PLEASE TUNE (A=440hz)
TURN OFF – Fans, Heaters, Furnace
TOP 7 Tips are…..
1. THE CLAPS. Loud and Accurate
2. FILM IN the mode that suits your instrument.
3. BACKING TRACKS. Film in One Take, no pauses. Play with the click(cowbell) track
4. FOR TECHIES. Definitely use a good mic if you have one. Send me Video and Audio Separate files in Uploader
5. Drive Uploader. YOUR NAME IN THE FORMAT “PART# FIRST LAST” Example – Alto Sax 1 – Lizuarte DeSouza
6. Smile when you aren’t playing 🙂
7. HAVE FUN!
UPLOAD VIDEO & SOUND FILES HERE
March 31, 2021